If you have diabetes, you should make sure that you control
your blood sugar levels properly.
- If you smoke, make a plan to stop.
- Take moderate intensity exercise (so you feel warm and slightly
out of breath - brisk walking for instance) for half an hour, most
days of the week.
- Eat a balanced diet that is rich in fruit and vegetables and low
in fat and red meat.
- Drink alcohol in moderation. If you use illegal drugs, bear in
mind that these can also cause impotence.
- Aim to reduce stress in your life by looking at the balance
between your work and home/leisure time. You may find relaxation
techniques are helpful.
If your Doctor thinks prescription medicines are causing or
contributing to impotence, it may be possible for you to switch to an